Did You Know?
What It Means For Your Business:
Despite your initial thoughts, this doesn’t mean paid search (PPC) is a waste of time. Depending on your business and specific services or products, pay-per-click advertising can still have a positive return and make sense in certain situations when it can produce a positive ROI. What this stat tells us, however, is that organic or natural search engine optimization (SEO) is a critical component of digital marketing and that developing an SEO plan should be part of your overall website strategy.
If your goal is to increase visibility to your website and brand, improving your site’s optimization is one of the best ways to generate website traffic and to improve lead generation.
If you haven’t done so already, I’d suggest developing an overall search optimization plan for your website. Consider including the following components in your plan:
- SEO Keyword Research
On-Site SEO Plan
- Website Content & Content Architecture Plan
- Foundational On-Page Elements (blocking and tackling)
- Functionality (Site Speed/Load time and Mobile-friendly structure)
- Content Management System (CMS)
Off-Site SEO Plan
- Social Media Marketing
- Linking Strategy
- Ongoing Content Marketing Plan
Below are a number of blog posts related to SEO that might help you in your planning.
- A Simplified Explanation of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Why Keyword Research is (Still) Critical to Your Website’s Success
- On-Page Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Elements that Impact Results
- Blogging Improves Lead Generation & SEO
- Content Marketing Best Practices That Support SEO
If you need further assistance, please contact Marketpath to learn more about our SEO and digital marketing services.