We couldn't have put it better than Skyrocket Group about what a content management system (CMS) or what it can do for you and your business.
|"A content management system (CMS) allows you to create, edit, manage and maintain website pages on a single interface. Using a CMS, companies can easily build sites for themselves and their clients. These systems streamline web design and content publishing, ensuring that both your site and workflow are streamlined."|
How can the right CMS help me and my business?
Having the wrong CMS can cost your business valuable time and money. With a great CMS, you'll experience the following:
- Work more efficiently
- A standard look and feel throughout your site (consistent brand)
- Increased search engine optimization (SEO), which helps search engines to find your site and rank it higher
How do I know it is time for a new CMS?
If you are experiencing one or more of the following, chances are you could benefit from an update to your content management platform.
Your CMS frustrates you when you have to add, update, or remove content. You can forget about trying to updating the update to match changes to your business like new leadership, new logo, new keywords, new products or services, or even a new brand or identity. Keeping up or, better yet, staying ahead of competitors and connecting with your prospective customers should be a priority. Does your CMS help you to do that?
You're anxious about being hacked. We hear you! Many platforms use plug-ins or extensions that can be cause for security concerns if not properly managed. Let's not forget about plug-in conflicts that could cause your site to look or act screwy. Does you CMS automatically update without breaking, create backups, or monitor for uptime? Do you have unlimited (free) support if something does go wrong?
You're paying too much. Monthly fees or retainers, or even billable technical support can divert money you could use for other business activities and marketing. Are you paying more on technology thant marketing?
The right CMS should be making your life easier, not more complicated. It should, in short, do what you want it to. If it doesn't, it's time to upgrade it.
Ready to make the switch?
Marketpath can help no matter your situation or budget.
- You love your site, but are ready for an easier to use CMS — we'll migrate your site as-is.
- You'd like to make a few changes to your site, but are overall happy with the look or content — we'll discuss what changes you'd like to see and make them during the migration.
- Your site doesn't do your business justice — we'll start with strategy then move to web design and development. You'll be involved in each step to create the perfect website!